Thursday, September 27, 2007

#6 Flickr & Mashups

I have had fun exploring ShoZu, an online service for uploading photos from my camera phone to various destinations, such as FlicKr, BBC etc. (Not sure that the media will be interested in receiving any of my photos but still good to know that it is possible.)
Finally, after two attempts, I managed to activate ShoZu on my mobile phone and link it to Flickr & Email. Must remember my mantra - challenges not obstacles! :)

Feeling rather mashed up myself, I then explored Google maps, as an example of a mashup. If only I had completed this exercise before a trip to Melbourne last Saturday night which saw my husband and I driving to a restaurant in Sydney Road, from Geelong, via Fitzroy because someone, who does not qualify to be called Nav-man, was certain that it was off Brunswick Street. My sugestion that we should turn left into Royal Parade after taking the Zoo Road went unheard. Next trip, I'll be retrieving the detailed street information prior to hitting the big smoke.

No comments: