Wednesday, October 17, 2007

#13 Del.icio.us

At first I was sceptical of Del.icio.us because I feared that I was being asked to abandon Dewey altogether and replace it with the very unstructured and freeform tagging used by this site. After some exploration of the PLCMCL2 del.icio.us account, I appreciate just how useful the tag options are for acessing resources used throughout the course of Learning 2.0. I also like the idea of font size of tags within a tag cloud being a indicator of how popular a bookmark is. This makes it very visual and easy to understand.

Del.icio.us definitely has potential for library staff prividing advice to serious researchers. I have created an account for my husband so that he can access his bookmarks relevant to NASA and the space shuttle, no matter where he is.

No comments: