Thursday, October 18, 2007

#14 Getting not-so-technical with Technorati

My discovery tour of Technorati, a leading search tool and authority for blogs, elicited mixed results. For some reason, the videocast wouldn't load so I had to rely on reading on-screen information and very impressive it is. The fact that the number of blogs doubles every 6 months leads me to ask how much of this increase is due to librarians furiously creating blogs to satisfy Learning 2.0 criteria? Although I feel I have already done my bit to expand the blogosphere, I'm not quite ready to have my blogs officially listed on Technorati.
I was impressed to read that the creators of Technorati have listened to feedback regarding their core service, taking steps to make it simpler and more intuitive for new users like me.
It was gratifying to see Library 2.0 up there with Jennifer Garner & BoingBoing, TreeHugger & other such ridiculously tagged blogs. My keyword Library 2.0 search in posts gave 4,971 results as compared with 458 blogs and 481 posts tagged by Library 2.0.

No comments: