Wednesday, October 3, 2007

#9 Finding feeds


Real Gabinete Portugues De Leitura Rio De Janeiro, Brazil (Possibly the most beautiful library of them all.)
I came across this picture on google blog search, one of the RSS search tools which we were encouraged to explore for this task. I was in awe as I scrolled through endless photos of libraries around the world, including our very own State Library of Victoria (one of the few libraries which actually had people using the library as opposed to checking out the library as a tourist is inclined to do.)http://www.curiousexpeditions.org/2007/09/a_librophiliacs_love_letter_1.html
I found the google blog search a very useful tool for finding RSS feeds.
Although I was already aware that our library databases had an alerts feature for journal subscriptions, I was unaware of the terminology RSS feed alerts. This may prove a very useful tool for some of our bibrary users engaged in serious research.

1 comment:

Yarra Plenty Library Regional Library said...

Wouldn't it be nice to work in that library

Lynette